- Riverside Cafe - 1950s -
Built on the corner of Church Road and St Helen's Avenue (which at the time was the main London road) by Mr Frank Young in the 1930s. The family lived above the cafe. Note also the 1936 car.
Later this was modified to become the Chicken in the Basket, run by Wg Cdr & Mrs Binks.
Later still it became the Boaters Restaurant and Rivers Night Club, and finally closed in 1999.