Coal Wharf - 1920's (BS0299)
Group of ladies with children at the Coal Wharf prior to its conversion to a leisure area and a home to the cafe and cruiser station. (see p27 of "A Century of Change")
- 1920's photo of the Jenkins family -
It shows the watermeadow now submerged beneath the Waterfront mobile homes
- Children swimming in Thames -
Could it be a swimming lesson?
- Children in rowing boat -
Typical of children's freedom to "muck about in boats" in contrast to today's strict supervision and obligatory life jackets.
- School Group - 1940s -
Is it Jill Gurney in middle of front row – or Cath Mitchell? About 1940.
- Portrait of Two Children -
Eva Vocking (nee Beal) at back. Girl in front unknown.
- High Street - 1890's or early 20th century -
From High Street
- Children in Fancy Dress parade -
Benson Vicarage in the background.
- Pageant to celebrate King George V's Silver Jubilee - 1935 -
Children on a carnival float.
- Children's Group by Bus -
Sunday School outing.
Granny Aldridge Sunday School Outing. 19???. Granny on the extreme left. Gladys Hodgins is next to her.